Several types of research have proved that musical activity is beneficial to both minds as well as the body of the human. No matter the age, playing an instrument is a great form of cognitive exercise. Music has always attracted people and is a great stress buster. In this article, we will talk about the health benefits of playing one of the musical instruments, i.e. Flute.
Flute dates back to a thousand years ago, and even in this digital era, the soothing and beautiful sound produced by the Flute cannot be replaced. The rhythmic melody of Flute generates sounds of nature and makes one feel relaxed. Playing the Flute is not only enjoyed by the flutist but by the audience too.
Probing further, let us see what the amazing advantages of playing the Flute are.
- The spiritual awareness improves – Flute is directly linked to the enhancement of spiritual awareness. When one plays the Flute, the energy flow of the body improves, and the soul awakes spiritually. Speaking broadly, it leaves a positive impact on the body.
- Stress reduces, and mood alleviates – Because of the pressure of personal and professional life several people suffer from health issues and depression. Playing a flute one can relieve all the worries and tension. It is because of the soothing effect produced by the musical Flute. After a tiresome day, playing the Flute can help in reducing all your emotional blockages.
- It is a form of meditation – Experts has linked flute playing activity to meditation. The breath movements that are performed by flutists while playing the Flute are similar to breathing movements of meditation. Moreover, there are many people out there who especially play the Flute for meditation.
- Memory power improves – When one plays a musical instrument or listens to music, the memory power improves. The tranquillizing tones of Flute have a positive impact on the mind. This is the reason that flutists and other musicians have great memory power.
- Music is language to show emotions and love – Flute is a medium through which flutist connects with his/her audience and other people of the world. It is a very powerful medium of conveying love, emotions and feelings.
- The health of lungs improves – You may be amazed by knowing that playing the Flute helps in improving the health of the lungs. It is because breathing activity is involved in playing Flute that helps in keeping the lungs healthy.
- The concentration improves – Flute playing is also connected to an improvement in concentration. As a flutist plays the instrument with other flutists and musicians in a group, he/she has to pay proper attention. Flute players require a high level of concentration to match the beats and rhythms of other players. And because of this, over a period of time, their concentration improves.
- The respiratory system improves – As blowing air through the Flute requires efficient and effective air movements, the breathing capacity of the air improves. Playing Flute also reduces the risk of bronchitis.