The speed, accuracy, and quality of laser cutting have made it the topmost manufacturing industry’s choice. With the introduction of fiber lasers, laser cutting has become a preferable, authentic, and low-cost option, which has resulted in the increased demand for the fiber laser cutter,s especially by metal processors.
Fiber lasers are mostly used in carbon steel, stainless steel, silicon steel, and other metal materials. These lasers have a smaller focus spot along with an excellent cutting line, which leads to efficient working and hence good quality results.
Even these fiber lasers have high stability, which leads to their stable performance. In addition to that, being environmentally friendly and energy-efficient makes it more preferable. Its maintenance cost is also minimal, and it has a very efficient performance.
Below are some benefits of fiber laser :
Fiber lasers are very reliable :
- Fiber lasers have made the process of cutting much easier and simpler. These lasers do not have any mechanical cavity resonators or mirrors and no such requirement of adjusting or replacing parts within the laser.
- Flexible optical fiber is put into the laser cutting head, diminishing the requirement for optics and adjustments needed in the beam delivery path.
- Fiber lasers qualify to be perfect for metal processing companies as they have a perfect speed and cutting accuracy.
- Fiber laser is considered to be most economical and reasonable in comparison to other lasers. When compared to commercial lasers, fiber lasers have the highest plug wall efficiency as well.
- They consume less electricity, and the cooling down process to remove unnecessary heat is also reduced, thereby minimizing the size of electrical service, which is essential for installing the cutting tool.
- Also, that fiber lasers are said to have a longer lifespan in comparison to other lasers. While other lasers are said to have a life span of barely 1-2 years but fiber lasers continue to work even after that.
Recommended for metal cutting :
- Fiber lasers have wavelengths of 1 micron, due to which they are very efficient and leading to faster cutting of metals. The two main features of this laser are power density and beam quality, which, when combined, results in precise cutting that too at lower operating cost.
- Metals such as copper and brass experience a change of phase into a molten state with such density levels. Due to this reflectivity, barriers are broken, resulting in easy cutting.
- Fiber lasers have expertise in precisely cutting small parts. Other lasers may not give such fine results, but with fiber lasers, you can get assured and precise and accurate outcomes.
Doesn’t require much maintenance :
- Fiber lasers don’t require much maintenance, and also they have a longer lifespan compared to other such lasers. They offer great reliability and accuracy that too, with the least maintenance required.
- Usually, other lasers have a lifespan of a minimum of 1-2 years, but fiber lasers continue to work even after that.