Undoubtedly, a kitchen is the heart of our home which catches most of our attention. It is quite common that homeowners give their kitchen some extra love by remodeling them. Possibly, you might also be thinking to transform your old, disorganized kitchen into a new fully-functional, organized, multitasking space.
For this, it is imperative to choose right kitchen cabinets as they will be your kitchen’s most dominant element. The right cabinets will not only transform the appearance of your kitchen but will also add value and function to your home.
A vast variety of kitchen cabinets exists in the market and choosing the best one may seem daunting. Here we have listed a few tips to help you make a well-informed buying decision.
- First, you need to measure your kitchen area. You can either call a professional to your home to measure your area or may do it yourself. The exact measurements will help you in finding cabinets according to your space, needs, and budget.
- Next, it important to always opt for certified cabinets. By investing in certified cabinets, you are assured of good quality. Best quality cabinets can survive exposure to humidity and varying temperatures (5 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit). Moreover, they neither get easily damaged nor they catch stains of fruit juices, ketchup, or coffee.
- Then comes, choosing between stock, semi-custom, or custom cabinets. If you’re looking for pocket-friendly cabinets with quick delivery, go for stock cabinets. These cabinets are less expensive but offer few options beyond drawers and cupboards. Stock cabinets come in standard shapes, sizes, and styles. On the other hand, if storage is your main concern, semi-custom and custom cabinets are the right pick for you. These offer numerous options for storage, design, and style, like pullout shelves for pans, a wine rack, vertical dividers for trays, pullout bins, and much more. Custom cabinets are the most costly ones.
- The heart of any cabinet lies in its box. Heavy and strong boxes are recommended. The high-quality cabinets are made of furniture grade plywood. On an average, boxes must have ½-inch-thick walls. Medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and oriented strand board (OSB) are the commonly found box materials. Best quality cabinets provide exact same exterior as well as interior finish.
- Kitchen Cabinets are divided into two main types, that is, framed and frameless. Framed cabinets provide more protection to your stuff. But if you want to give a contemporary look to your kitchen, opt for frameless cabinets. Apart from this, these are a bit easier to use. However, despite a trend towards frameless cabinets, it cannot be considered superior to the framed ones.
- Lastly, don’t forget to collect your repair kit from the cabinet supplier. This kit comes handy in case any minor repair is needed. You will find colored wax, putty, markers, etc. in the kit which is needed for installation as well as for repair. It is wise to purchase some extra hinges and drawer-slide systems.
When you think about kitchen remodeling, the selection of right kitchen cabinets is of utmost importance. Different styles, configurations, sizes, quality, finish, veneers, etc. everything has to be considered before you make a final decision to buy.